CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2003
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are in compliance with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act of 2003 and will not send misleading information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us.
The personal information we may collect directly from you consists of the following:
· Name and contact data, such as, first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data;
· Payment information, such as, payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a payment.
· Comments, feedback, questions and other information you provide to us.
We automatically collect personal information when you:
· Visit, interact with, or use our website;
· Access, use, or download content from us; and
· Open emails or click links in emails from us.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE/LAWFUL BASIS
We process personal information about you:
· To perform a contract;
· With your consent;
· For our legitimate interests;
· To comply with the law;
· To protect someone’s life; and/or
· Public task.
We will not sell or trade your personal information and have not done so in the last 12 months.
We may transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of a bankruptcy, dissolution, merger, sale, acquisition, or change of control.
We may transfer your personal information to a third party if we need to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our agreements.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you to:
· Process and fulfill an order, download, subscription, or other transaction;
· Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns; and
· Send marketing emails.
We also process personal information to:
· Provide online behavioral advertising;
· Inform you of and administer promotions, contests, sweepstakes or surveys;
· Help us address problems with and improve our website;
· Protect the security and integrity of our website; and
· Contact you for other business reasons, if necessary.
“Cookies” are small text files that are placed on a computer or other device and used to identify the user or device and to collect information when you visit a website.
We use absolutely necessary cookies, which allow you to move around our website and use its features.
You can disable cookies through your web browser’s settings, but disabling this function may diminish your experience on our website as some features may not work as intended.
The Sites and web-based services are intended for access and use within the United States only and complies with applicable United States privacy laws. This site, content, and web-based services make no claims that are accessible and appropriate outside of the United States. By accessing this site from outside of the United States, you do so own your own initiative, and you are responsible for compliance with your local laws.
“DO NOT TRACK” (DNT) SIGNALS
Some browsers transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to websites.
Due to the lack of a common interpretation of DNT signals throughout the industry, we do not currently alter, change, or respond to DNT requests or signals from these browsers.
HOW THE INFORMATION IS SHARED AND STORED
We also will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
· meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
· detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
· protect the rights, property, or safety of empoweredcommyounity.com, our users, employees or others.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements, or until such time as you let us know you would like for us to delete it or unsubscribe from our marketing contacts.
INFORMATION PROTECTION AND SECURITY
Our website uses commercially acceptable security measures to prevent your personal information from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate and never transmit your credit card information via email. If you receive an email from us that appears to be a request for personal information, do not respond because it may be a phishing scam designed to steal your personal information.
We cannot guarantee that your personal information will always be secure. Should there be a data breach, we will notify you when we are legally required to do so.
YOUR RIGHTS TO CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION
You can unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
The CCPA provides Californian residents with the following rights with respect to their personal information:
· Right to request disclosure: to know the personal information collected about you and the purpose for its collection.
· Right to request a copy: to make a personal information request twice in a given 12-month period
· Right to deletion: to have your personal information deleted upon a verifiable request.
· Right to say “no” to sale: to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
· Right to not be discriminated against: the right to equal service and price even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Please be sure to specify which right you want to exercise and provide us with enough information to verify your identity. If we cannot verify your identity, we may not be able to fulfill your request.
Changes to this Privacy Notice